Home Mortgage Loans
Personal, Professional, and Proven Mortgage Lending Services
Trust, experience and options are key ingredients when considering a mortgage loan. Red River Bank's Home Mortgage Loan Department staff has years of experience and an outstanding reputation in the mortgage origination business. Let us give you the most competitive rates available with a quick and personable loan process.
For assistance or information about our mortgage loans, please call (318) 561-4035 for Alexandria, (318) 675-2900 for Shreveport and (225) 296-1900 for Baton Rouge. Or, apply online with our new Online Mortgage Application.
- Conventional Mortgage — a mortgage loan that is obtained without guarantees for repayment from government agencies such as Federal Housing Administration, Veteran's Administration or Rural Development. If the loan-to-value ratio is greater than 80%, there are private mortgage insurance programs available to support the loan.
- Variable Rate Mortgage — a mortgage in which the interest rate is adjusted periodically based on an index.
- Fixed-Rate Mortgage — a mortgage where the interest rate does not change for the life of the loan.
- FHA Loan — a government-backed mortgage loan supported by the US FHA and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- VA Loan — a government-backed mortgage loan supported by the US Veterans Administration.
- Low interest bond loans — a loan for qualified first time home buyers. Down payment assistance is available by utilizing the "bond programs" provided by state and local municipalities.
- Combo loans — a loan for qualified buyers utilizing a combination of a 1st and 2nd mortgage therefore eliminating the need for private mortgage insurance.
- Jumbo Loan — a loan amount over $417,00. These limits are set by the Federal National Mortgage Association and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation. Because jumbo loans cannot be funded by these two agencies, they usually carry a higher interest rate.
Various terms are available and loans are structured to accommodate specific needs.
Interim construction projects are funded with a line of credit. Advances are made based on the progress of the project. Permanent financing is obtained upon completion of the home.
For your convenience, use our Online Mortgage Application.
Home Mortgage Loan FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Home Mortgage Loans