What You Need to Know about Overdraft Service and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in several different ways:
- We have Overdraft Privilege to which you may have opted in and qualified for the service.
- We offer other overdraft services which may be less expensive than our Overdraft Privilege.
Below explains our standard overdraft practices regarding Overdraft Privilege and the new overdraft option available to
you. Our Overdraft Privilege Disclosure (PDF) and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) provides more details about this service.
- What are the bank's current standard overdraft practices if an account has qualified for Overdraft Privilege?
- We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any
type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- ATM withdrawals
- Everyday CheckCard transactions
- What is the new Overdraft Privilege option that is now available to me?
- We will authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions and everyday CheckCard transactions if you ask us to (see below).
- What fees will I be charged if Red River Bank pays my overdraft?
- We will charge you a $32 fee each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- What if I want Red River Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions?
- If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions, you may complete
and submit the consent form below or provide your consent to the bank by any of the alternate methods listed
Overdraft Practice Consent Form
Alternate Methods to Submit Your Decision
- By Phone
Call a Customer Service Representative: in Central Louisiana at 318-561-5800,
in Northwest Louisiana at 318-675-2900 or in Southeast Louisiana at (225)-923-0232.
- By Mail
If you prefer to provide your decision by mail, please print this printer-friendly form (PDF) and mail to: Red River Bank Attn: Deposit Operations P O Box 12550 Alexandria, LA 71315-2550
- In Person
Please visit your local banking center location and one of our service representatives will explain your options to help you decide which is best for you.