How to Keep Your Computer Safe
At Red River Bank, we take many steps to keep your banking information safe and secure. However, did you know there are steps you can take to help keep not only your banking information secure, but also all of your computer data?
Follow these steps to help keep your computer and the information stored on it safe:
- Install antivirus software and configure it to apply updates automatically and to scan your computer at least once a week.
- Install the latest operating system updates for your computer.
- Keep your installed applications up to date.
- Do not use the same password at every site and change your passwords frequently.
- Never share your passwords with anyone and never give them to anyone who asks for them over the phone or the internet.
- Enable your computer's software firewall.
- Do not open suspicious emails and their attachments.
- Setup a local password on your computer to protect it from unauthorized access.
- If you use a wireless network at home, make sure the connection is password protected.