To all of our customers, friends & family in the Southeast part of our state: our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of devastating flooding. Should you need advice or help with your financial matters, all of our Baton Rouge branches are open. We are here to help you in any way we can.
There will be many needs in the near future in dealing with insurance, clean up, disaster assistance, financial matters, etc. Here are some helpful links we’ve found that we hope will make your situation a little easier.
- DisasterAssistance.gov: Disaster Assistance
- FEMA: Federal Aid Programs for the State of Louisiana
- Know What to Expect When the Inspector Visits Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FHL Bank: Disaster Relief Funding
Insurance & Cleanup Tips
- Houselogic.com: What to do in the first 24 hours after a flood
- American Red Cross: Repairing your flooded home
- FloodSmart.gov: After a flood
- Military OneSource: Recovering Financially after a Hurricane, Flood, or Other Natural Disaster
(while this is geared toward military personnel, the checklist applies to any disaster victim)
Emergency Preparedness Contacts
- Travelers can find information regarding road closures by visiting www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region where they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
- Office of the Governor disaster declared, http://gov.louisiana.gov/news/major-disaster-declared-for-the-state-of-louisiana-8-14-16, and, additional parishes added, http://gov.louisiana.gov/news/additional-parishes-added-to-federal-disaster-declaration-8-16-16.
- FEMA Disaster Assistance
- Louisiana Flood Resources on FEMA's home page.
- SBA Assistance to Louisiana Businesses and Residents affected by severe storms and flooding
- How to Apply for help when you don’t have flood insurance