FAQ: Mobile banking
Red River Bank offers experienced people when you need us—and mobile technology when you want it. Learn more about making the most of this technology for banking on the go, whether you’re just starting or wanting to optimize your experience.
Frequently asked questions
- 1. How much does this service cost?
- Red River provides Mobile Banking Service free of charge to our customers. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your mobile device. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
- 2. Is it secure?
- Yes, the Mobile Banking Service utilizes best practices from online banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, advanced login authentication and application time-out when your mobile device is not in use. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your mobile device.
Each phone number is activated at time of enrollment to establish a trusted relationship between the Mobile Banking system and your mobile device. Activation also confirms user possession of device tied to a specific phone number. Only the mobile devices that you personally enroll in the service can access your accounts.
- 3. What do I need to use Red River Bank's Mobile Banking Service?
- You need only two things to be able to use Mobile Banking Service.
- Online Banking with Red River Bank
- A mobile device with a text or data plan
- 4. What can I do in Mobile Banking?
- You are able to:
- Access account balance information
- View account transactions
- Search transactions by date, check number and amount
- Transfer funds between Red River Bank accounts (not available for Text Banking)
- Pay bills (not available for Text Banking)
- Find Red River Bank banking center and ATM locations near you
- 5. Do I need a text message or data plan?
- Yes, a text messaging and/or data plan is needed, as text/data usage can become expensive without them. Please check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
- 6. I'm not enrolled for Online Banking. Can I still use the Mobile Banking Service?
- You must first enable your bank account(s) for Online Banking before using Mobile Banking. Visit any of our banking center locations to enroll in Online Banking.
- 7. What is Activation/Registration?
- To help ensure the security of your account information and to prevent fraud, each device (phone or tablet) must go through a one-time process of being activated for Text Banking and/or registered for Mobile Web and Mobile App Banking.
- 8. Can I use Mobile Banking or Text Banking on more than one mobile device?
- Yes. Visit the Mobile Banking enrollment site and simply enroll (and then activate) another phone number.
- 9. Does Red River Bank have an app for my mobile device?
- Red River Bank has custom apps for the iPhone and Android. The BlackBerry app is no longer available.
- 10. Where do I find the new Mobile Banking tablet app for Android & Kindle Fire HD?
- The new Mobile Banking tablet app for the Android is found in Google Play and the app for the Kindle Fire HD is found in the Amazon store.
- 11. Can I use Mobile Banking at any time?
- Mobile Banking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 12. Can I pay a bill using Mobile Banking?
- Yes, this feature is available through Mobile Web and our App. Bill Pay is not available for Text Banking.
- 13. What are some tips to keep my Mobile Banking experience safe?
- Download and apply security updates to your mobile device when they are made available by Apple (for iPhones) or Android for all other smart phones running the Android OS. These updates are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your mobile device. Do not leave your mobile device unattended during an open Mobile Banking session.
- Always remember to log off properly using the "Sign Off" button when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent Mobile Banking apps.
- Do not add your login credentials to the notes app or voice record them on your mobile device, as this information could then be obtained by others if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Password protect your mobile device if possible.
- 14. What is Red River Bank Mobile Banking?
- Mobile Banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable Mobile Banking application, depending on your preference and your mobile device capabilities.
- 15. How do I access Mobile Web Banking on my mobile device's browser?
- Visit the website http://m.redriverbank.net and log in using your Online Banking User ID and password. On your first visit to Mobile Web Banking, you will be required to register your mobile device by correctly providing the prompted information and correctly answering some security questions.
- 16. Where do I find the downloadable Mobile Banking App?
- You will find Red River Bank's app wherever you go to download apps for the particular type of device you own. For example, for iPhones, you will find the Red River Bank app in the iTunes store; for Android phones, in Google Play.
- 17. How do I sign up for Mobile Banking?
- If you are an Online Banking user, you automatically have access to Mobile Banking. Just download the Mobile App, or go to http://m.redriverbank.net for Mobile Web and log in using your Online Banking User ID and password. You will be prompted through the registration process. If you want to use Text Banking, log into Online Banking, go to the Mobile Banking tab, add your phone number, and you will be prompted through the activation process.
- 18. How do I optimize my mobile web experience?
- We recommend these steps to optimize your experience. (1) Enable cookies on your mobile device's browser. (2) Bookmark our Mobile Banking site m.redriverbank.net.
- 19. How do I securely leave my Mobile Banking browser session?
- Select the Sign Off link to sign out of Mobile Banking, and then close your browser through your mobile device browsing options. If you are using a downloadable app, click on Sign Off to stop your Mobile Banking session.
- 20. Which mobile devices are supported?
OS Version Device Android 4.0
- HTC One (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- LG Connect
- Motorola Atrix
- Motorola Droid X
- Samsung Galaxy 2
- Motorola Droid 1
- Samsung Galaxy S1
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
iOS 6.1 / iOS 7.0
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPad 1
- iPad 2
- iPod Touch 4th Gen
- iPad 1
- 21. What is Red River Bank Text Banking?
- Text Banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your mobile device. It's a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a shortcode.
- 22. Can I use both Text Banking and Mobile Banking on my mobile device?
- Yes, you can use both options from the same mobile device. To do so you will need to activate each option on your mobile device prior to use.
- 23. Is Text Banking supported on my mobile device?
- Text Banking will work on any text message (SMS) capable phone from one of our supported carriers. You will need a messaging plan with your service provider that enables your phone for text messaging.
- 24. Will I receive unsolicited text messages?
- No. Red River Bank does not share or sell your phone number to marketing firms. You will only receive messages when you specifically request them with one of the Text Banking commands or if you subscribe to Mobile Alerts in Online Banking.
- 25. Can I make account transfers using Mobile Banking?
- You can make transfers between Red River Bank accounts using Mobile Web and Mobile App Banking. The account transfer function is not available for Text Banking.
- 26. What are the Text Banking commands?
Function Command Description Balance B Summary of available balances for all accounts History H Summary of recent transactions per account Command C List of available Text Banking commands Help HE Help content for Text Banking Stop S De-activate all Red River Bank text services More M View additional Balance, History or Transfer lists, if applicable
- 27. I enrolled my phone number but did not receive a text message. What should I do?
- Typically you should receive a text message within a few minutes after enrolling, however sometimes mobile carriers experience delays which slow down text message delivery. While waiting, make sure your mobile device has a wireless signal. In addition, be sure you entered the correct phone number on the enrollment site. If you still do not receive it, contact your wireless carrier to be sure text messaging is enabled on your mobile device.
- 28. I received an activation code but never used it. What do I do now?
- Activation codes expire twelve (12) hours after being issued. To obtain another activation code, return to the Mobile Banking enrollment site within Online Banking and request a new activation code.
- 29. What happens if I get a new mobile device or change numbers?
- If you get a new mobile device with the same number and use Text Banking, you will need to activate the new mobile device through Online Banking.
- Log into Online Banking
- Go to the Mobile Banking tab
- Request an activation code
- Respond to the text message you receive on your mobile device with this activation code.
- Download the Mobile App or visit http://m.redriverbank.net for Mobile Web
- Log into Mobile Web or Mobile App
- Correctly answer the security questions to register the mobile device.
- 30. I activated/registered my mobile device for Mobile Banking. Why am I being asked to activate or register it again?
- The security component of Mobile Banking will recognize any change in the device you are using and prompt for you to identify your device through the activation/registration process. Updating your mobile device's operating system may make changes to your mobile device's configuration that Mobile Banking doesn't recognize. Also make sure that in your device settings, cookies are enabled.
- 31. What if my device is lost or stolen?
- There will be no financial information from Red River Bank saved on your mobile device as part of the Mobile Banking Service. You can immediately cancel Mobile Banking Service to that mobile device by going to Online Banking, Mobile Banking option, and either disable the mobile device or completely remove the mobile device. If you are not able to access Online Banking, call us as soon as possible at 318-561-4000 in Central Louisiana, 318-675-2900 in Northwest Louisiana and 225-923-0232 in Southeast Louisiana to request that we disable your mobile device. (You may also want to call your wireless provider and report your mobile device as being lost or stolen.)
- 32. How can I change my Mobile Banking settings?
- You are able to add a device, disable or remove a device by visiting the Mobile Banking enrollment site in Online Banking.
- 33. What if I have an iPad or an iPod Touch that is not connected through the phone company and want to access Mobile Banking through Wi-Fi?
- During Step 1 of the enrollment, under Mobile Carrier, select "Other/iPod Touch". Under the phone number, you can enter your landline phone number. Follow the instructions to continue activating your device.
- 34. Why are text commands not working?
- If you have an auto signature added to all of your texts, the Mobile Banking system will receive those characters and will try to make sense of them. Since the signature doesn't match a command, all of your texts to us will be interpreted wrong. Please shut off automated signatures when texting commands within our Text Banking service.
- 35. My mobile device shows I have a strong signal, yet I cannot connect to the mobile web site on my device. What causes this to occur?
- The signal display on the mobile device is an indication of its ability to place calls. The Mobile Banking website requires a data network (internet connection) to perform data exchanges. The problem you described could be due to lack of signal or due to no data connection on the mobile device. Please contact your wireless service provider for assistance.
- 36. What happens if I lose communication/signal during a transaction?
- If you do not receive a confirmation message due to a lost signal, you may verify a transaction by reviewing your transaction in Mobile Banking or in Online Banking.