FAQ: SecurLOCK Equip Card Control App
Check out this tool for Red River Bank customers. With the SecurLock Equip app, you're in control of how and when your Red River Bank credit cards can be used.
Frequently asked questions
- 1. What is required to use SecurLOCK Equip?
- SecurLOCK Equip requires you to have a Credit Card issued from Red River Bank. You will also need an Apple or Android smartphone. Red River Bank Credit Debit Cards are supported in the mobile banking app.
- 2. How do I download the app?
- The app is available on the Apple Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android devices.
- Depending on the device you have, go to the app store and search for SecurLOCK Equip.
- Click "Install".
- The app logo will appear like this:
- 3. How do I register for SecurLOCK Equip?
- Tap on the icon to launch it.
- Tap on the "New User" button.
- You will be prompted to enter your card information. Have handy the following information: Full Card Number, Security Code, Expiration date (MM/YY) and Billing address (street address and zip code).
- You will be emailed a temporary secure code. Once you receive the code, enter it in the field provided. This will authenticate your account.
- You will be prompted to the "Create Account" screen.
- Create the username and password for logging into the app. The system will make several recommendations for a username based on a combination of the user's first and last name.
- You can tap on the question mark next to each field on this page to get more information about the requirement for the field.
- Enter your email address (which the app will use to send an email with information to reset a password, in case you trigger the Forgot Password functionality).
- Enter your full name. The name entered here will be used for displaying in the app.
- After you complete all the fields above, the app will display a confirmation message. Tap “OK”.
- You will be prompted to the Login page to login with the newly created credentials.
- 4. What do I check if registration failed?
- A common reason for registration problems is incorrect account/billing information on file. Please contact customer care or visit your local branch to update your account information.
- 5. How do I reset my password if I've forgotten it?
- Tap on the icon to launch it.
- Tap on the "Login" button.
- Select "Forgot Password".
- Enter your username and tap “OK” to have a security code sent to the email address you entered during registration.
- Check your email to retrieve the security code sent, then check the box “I have the security code” on the Forgot Password page.
- You will be prompted to enter the security code, choose and confirm a new password, then select the OK button to proceed. The security code is only valid for 120 minutes.
- 6. What is the difference between password and passcode?
Password — to login to the app, a user will need to enter the credentials (username and password). By logging in with the username and password, the app will create a session ID and give the user a certain amount of session time where the user can remain idle and still be logged into the app. If the user's idle time exceeds this session time, the user will be logged out of the app. If the user wants to get back in, s/he will have to enter the username and password again.
Passcode — is an additional security setting provided by the app. If a user set a passcode, each time the user navigates away from the app and comes back, the user will need to enter the passcode, before the app will display the last page accessed. Users who set a passcode can have a longer session time than users who do not.
- 7. How do I set a passcode?
When logging in to a new device for the first time, you will be asked to set a passcode. A passcode must have a minimum of four alphanumeric characters. Passcode setting at this stage is optional. You can choose not to set the passcode by clicking the “Cancel” button.
iPhones: If you are using an iPhone, you can assign a Touch ID to the passcode if you are using an iPhone 5S and above. Touch ID allows the user to access the app using a fingerprint. When navigating away from the app and then coming back, the app will prompt the user to enter the passcode. If you enter the wrong passcode 3 times, you will be logged out of the app. At that point, you will have to login with the full username and password.
- 8. How do I reset my passcode?
- Login to the app.
- Tap the menu button (top left - 3 lines).
- Select Settings.
- Under Security, tap on Passcode.
- Enter a new passcode and click on Set.