FAQ: SecurLOCK Equip Card Control App
Check out this tool for Red River Bank customers. With the SecurLock Equip app, you're in control of how and when your Red River Bank credit cards can be used.
Frequently asked questions
- What is required to use SecurLOCK Equip?
- How do I download the app?
- How do I register for SecurLOCK Equip?
- What do I check if registration failed?
- How do I reset my password if I have forgotten it?
- What is the difference between a password and passcode?
- How do I set a passcode?
- How do I reset my passcode?
- 1. What is Card Control?
- Card Control is a feature that can be used to prevent any spending on your account in cases when your card is missing or if you would like to regulate the amount of spending on your card. This feature will ensure that you maintain control of your account while your new debit card is being shipped, or while attempting to locate your missing card.
- 2. How do I use Card Control?
- While in the app, navigate to “Card Controls” through the “More” tab. The following screen will show all of your available cards. From here, you will be able to turn off the use of your debit cards. Under “Preferences”, you will be able to restrict purchases with your cards to certain areas, transaction types, merchant types, or amount types.
- 3. Where can I access my Card Controls?
- You can access your card controls through the Mobile Banking app.
- 4. Who can use my debit/credit card if I disable it in my settings?
- Nobody can use your card if you turn off the “Enable card for use” function in your Card Control settings.
- 5. Why do I receive a SecurLOCK denial when I attempt to set up Card Controls within the app?
- Ensure that you do not have card controls already established in SecurLOCK. If so, you can go into SecurLOCK and disable all of the SecurLOCK controls. Afterwards, you will be required to re-establish the controls within the RRB Mobile Banking app.
- 6. What is required to use SecurLOCK Equip?
- SecurLOCK Equip requires you to have a credit card or debit card issued from Red River Bank. You will also need an Apple or Android smartphone. Our Mobile Banking app supports both Red River Bank credit and debit cards.
- 7. How do I download the app?
The app is available on the Apple Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android devices.
- Depending upon your device, go to the app store and search for “SecurLOCK Equip”.
- Click "Install".
- The app logo will appear like this:
- 8. How do I register for SecurLOCK Equip?
- Tap on the icon to launch it.
- Tap on the "New User" button.
- You will be prompted to enter your card information. Have handy the following information: Full Card Number, Security Code, Expiration date (MM/YY) and Billing address (street address and zip code).
- A temporary secure code will be emailed to you. Once you receive the code, enter it in the field provided. This will authenticate your account.
- You will be prompted to the "Create Account" screen.
- Create the username and password for logging into the app. The system will make several recommendations for a username based on a combination of the user's first and last name.
- You can tap on the question mark next to each field on this page to get more information about the requirements for the field.
- Enter your email address (which the app will use to send an email with information to reset a password, in case you trigger the Forgot Password functionality).
- Enter your full name.
- After you complete all the fields above, the app will display a confirmation message. Tap “OK.”
- The login page will prompt you to login with the newly created credentials.
- 9. What do I check if registration failed?
- A common reason for registration problems is due to incorrect account/billing information on file. Please contact customer care or visit your local branch to update your account information.
- 10. How do I reset my password if I have forgotten it?
- Tap on the icon to launch it.
- Tap on the "Login" button.
- Select "Forgot Password".
- Enter your username and tap “OK” to have a security code sent to the email address you entered during registration.
- Check your email to retrieve the security code sent, then check the box “I have the security code” on the Forgot Password page.
- You will be prompted to enter the security code, choose and confirm a new password, then select the “OK” button to proceed. The security code is only valid for 120 minutes.
- 11. What is the difference between a password and passcode?
Password — To login to the app, a user will need to enter their credentials (username and password). By logging in with the username and password, the app will create a session ID and give the user a certain amount of session time that the user can remain idle and still be logged into the app. If the user's idle time exceeds this session time, the user will be logged out of the app. If the user wants to get back in, s/he will have to enter the username and password again.
Passcode — This is an additional security setting provided by the app. If a user sets a passcode, each time the user navigates away from the app and comes back, the user will need to enter the passcode, before the app will display the last page accessed. Users who set a passcode can have a longer session time than users who do not.
- 12. How do I set a passcode?
When logging in to a new device for the first time, you will be asked to set a passcode. A passcode must have a minimum of four alphanumeric characters. Passcode setting at this stage is optional. You can choose not to set the passcode by clicking the “Cancel” button.
IPhones: If you are using an iPhone, you can assign a Touch ID or Face ID to the passcode. Touch ID allows the user to access the app using a fingerprint, while Face ID allows the user to log in with facial recognition. When navigating away from the app and then coming back, the app will prompt the user to enter the passcode. If you enter the wrong passcode 3 times, you will be logged out of the app. At that point, you will have to login with the full username and password.
- 13. How do I reset my passcode?
- Login to the app.
- Tap the menu button (bottom right - 3 lines).
- Select “Settings”.
- Under Quick Access, tap “Passcode.”
- Enter a new passcode and click “Set.”